Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Betting Game

The betting game was something I heard about ages ago by Wendy Ward and just recently remembered it. It requires minimal planning and engages all students across all ability levels. I love using MWBs in lessons and it's great for adding a bit of competition.

I ask students a question and I give them a minute to write their answer. When the time is up I say ‘Who’s in?’ Students put their hand up if they know the answer but if they do not know then they are allowed to ‘bluff’ and also put their hand up.

If the student that I select knows the answer then everybody with their hand up (even those bluffing) win a point. If, however, the person selected was bluffing and doesn’t know then everybody with their hand up loses a point – even if they knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment