Thursday 7 April 2016

BYOD and iTunes

Students love music and I've been trying to incorporate more of it in my lessons again as I used to do when I was an NQT. I always used to display number 1 in France or Germany on a Monday. I'm not a big singer but I've found lots of videos on YouTube for introducing a lot of different vocabulary. My tutor group also love songs and we've been doing weekly quizzes in afternoon registration. iTunes is really easy as there is no preparation involved. Students work in the same teams every week and we rotate the groups every half term.

1. Using the top single charts, students guess the artist and song title. Using BYOD, students can choose a song from their collection by plugging their phone into the classroom speakers.

2. Play the first 5 seconds of the preview for students to guess the song. This can be done one at a time or 5 in a row which makes it more difficult!

3. Higher or lower? Guess the song and also guess if it's higher or lower than the previous song. Instead students guess the number of the song. Closest team gets the point.

4. Students must guess the name of the TV programme or film. I use YouTube for this and just search the name of the TV programme with theme tune. If you are introducing types of programmes in MFL, students have to write the type of programme or film instead.





No comments:

Post a Comment